Industrial Engineers are professionals whose main task is to contribute to the competitive improvement of the process networks for goods and services in a globalized world.
- Interest in studying the physical and mathematical sciences.
- A liking for working with integrated machine systems.
- Interest in process design and optimization.
- Analytic and synthetic skills.
- Problem solving skills.
You will be capable of optimizing the manufacturing processes, operations management, supply chain management, quality engineering, and production systems simulation of a production plant.
- Information Management
- Mathematical Foundations
- Programming Methods
- Introduction to Industrial
- Industrial Chemistry
- Oral and Written
Communication in Spanish
- Engineering Drawing
- Differential Calculus
- Data Organization and Analysis
- Globalization, Culture
- Numerical Methods
- Integral Calculus
- Engineering Materials
- Contemporary Art
- Differential Equations
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Materials Manufacturing
- Methods Engineering
- Oral and Written
Communication in English
- Statistical Inference
- Lean Manufacturing and
Quality Management Systems
- Industrial Electronics
- Multivariable Calculus
- Methodology of Research
- Human Being and Society
- Industrial Management
- Operations Research Models I
- Quality Engineering
- Production Systems Engineering I
- Human Being and Sustainability
- Production Systems Engineering II
- Operations Research Models II
- Experimental Design
- Industrial Engineering Topics
- Elective II
- Human Being and Ethics
- Economic Engineering
- Systems Simulation
- Industrial Engineering Application Project
- Project Management
- Elective III
Distinctive Elements of CETYS Education
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Linkage with the Community.
- Culture of Information.
- Social Responsibility.
- Process Engineer.
- Quality Manager.
- Staff Director.
- Logistics Manager.
- Manufacturing Manager.
See the previous curriculum here (In spanish)
The Mission of the Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering Program, seeks to contribute in the integral development of the region and the country, via the development of students with high potential using a learner centered educational model, to develop leading professionals in industrial engineering, capable of using production system resources in a rational and efficient manner, to generate quality goods and services.
The Vision of the Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering Program is be the leader in the development of high quality professionals that integrate themselves in production systems, via an efficient academic system and an innovative teaching-learning process, always at the forefront in attending the needs of industry for regional and national sustainable development.
Program Educational Objectives
The Program Educational Objectives of the Industrial Engineering Program at CETYS University consist in developing graduates who, after 5 years of graduation:
- Have established careers in industry, consulting or service, using Industrial Engineering skills.
- Exercise professional leadership to prevent and solve problems in organizations.
- Demonstrate an ability and commitment for continuous learning in fields related to Industrial Engineering.
- Demonstrate the necessary skills to perform successfully in multidisciplinary teams.
- Develop, implement and improve systems, using critical thinking to improve efficiency in organizations.
- Apply the engineering decision making considering ethics and moral values.
Student outcomes describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, and behaviors that students acquire as they progress through the Industrial Engineering Program.
The student outcomes for the IE program are as follows:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Student enrollment and graduates
According to section II.A.6.b of the Accreditation Policy and Procedure Manual from ABET, each ABET-accredited program must publicly post annual student enrollment and graduation data per program. This data is presented in the following table:
The Industrial Engineering Program at CETYS University-Mexicali Campus is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
R.V.O.E. SEBS S/O No. 0097 from January 17, 2007 / R.V.O.E. SEBS S/O No. 0098 from January 17, 2007 R.V.O.E. SEBS S/O No. 0099 from January 17, 2007