Mission and Philosophy
The mission of CETYS is the document where the normative principles and the Educational Philosophy of CETYS are expressed. The mission governs all the activities and programs of the Institution.
The mission as it was approved by IENAC in 1977 is as follows:
The purpose of the Center for Technical and Higher Education is to contribute to the education of persons with the intellectual capacity necessary to participate in an important way in the economic, social and cultural improvement of the country. CETYS University seeks, as a result, to make indestructible the values that have traditionally been considered as basic so man can live in society in a peaceful way, and satisfy the needs that his capacity allows him. (CETYS Mission 1977, 1990, 2010)
For this reason, CETYS University promotes:
- The formation of character: To foster in students the comprehension of the norms of conduct and the formation of habits to achieve their fulfillment as persons. This will result in the proper use of their freedom and the harmonious and truly human functioning of society.
CETYS graduates will have the conviction that duties are meant to be fulfilled; that truth does not belong to anyone, but must be pursued by all; that goodness is a natural attribute of all living creatures; that the intelligence of man should not distort him, because even though intellectual capacity and knowledge are essential, a person will achieve very little in society without tenacity in their purpose, because courage and audacity are also essential to achieve the goals of the individual; that the idea of freedom must be understood by the majority of people so that the concept of achieving it can exist; and that earning the respect of the community must be a goal of all individuals, but that it will not be earned without first respecting ourselves through honesty in giving and receiving.
- Cultural Education: To train students to enrich their own personalities based on their creativity and the habit of continuously learning to offer well-being and useful orientation to their peers.
- Scientific Education: To train students to objectively understand the world that surrounds them and have an orientation in practical life, so that they can find objective solutions to the problems they may encounter as individuals and professionals in their social, political and economic environments.
The rationale of CETYS University lies in pursuing excellence based on the aforementioned values, and through three basic functions: Teaching, research and cultural promotion.
- Teaching: CETYS University develops teaching programs for Technical, High School, Undergraduate, Continuing Education and Graduate levels.
For the correct development of its teaching activities, CETYS University aims to have a faculty staff composed of professors with excellent qualifications in their areas of specialty, who have a high sense of improvement, and who are not only convinced of the previously mentioned social principles, but also have the capacity to transmit them to their students.
- Research: At CETYS University, research is oriented towards studying its own educational issues and detecting the needs of the community regarding human resources. In this way, we can establish the educational options that help satisfy these needs. Research in the specific fields of specialty of professors will be supported through special programs for each project.
CETYS University seeks to spread, preserve and promote:
- Artistic and cultural expressions that uplift our human condition.
- Scientific knowledge.
- Library resources, laboratories, and everything that allows preserving and improving the cultural heritage.