CETYS University was part of Going Global 2017: The conference for leaders of international education, organized by the British Council, which gathered around 900 participants from more than 80 countries. Dr. Fernando León García, President of CETYS, took part in a panel along with a select group of representatives from higher education institutions:
- Molly Corbett, President of the American Council on Education (ACE)
- Ciarán Devane, Chief Executive of the British Council
- Rebecca Hughes, Director of Education, British Council
- Dr Hans Pohl, Director of the STINT Program, Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education
- Professor Alec Cameron, Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, Aston University
- Professor Richard Williams, Vice-Chancellor of Heriot-Watt University
Participants described how their institutions address the issue of internationalization, challenges and possible solutions, how universities measure and compare their success in student development, as well as the impact of their initiatives on cities and Communities that depend on globally empowered people.
With this type of interactions, CETYS University seeks to learn from the best practices of other universities as well as share and learn from their perspective, always seeking to promote strategic alliances with international organizations to offer its students high quality education to help them become globally competitive professionals.