National Mobility – SUMA Program (National Academic Exchange)
The University Academic Mobility System (SUMA for its Spanish acronym) is a National Exchange Program in Mexico composed of twenty one Mexican private universities that are part of FIMPES. Participating universities are located in Mexico City, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Morelia, Veracruz, Torreon, Leon, Tampico, Hermosillo, and Puebla. Students have the opportunity to study one semester at any of these universities and receive valid credits for the classes they take. Host universities do not charge additional fees, so students only pay tuition at their universities of origin.
There are two calls per year, the first one is opened in January, for students who will start the exchange in August, and the second one is opened in August, for students who will start the exchange in January. Students from all programs can participate.
Requirements for participation:
- To be at least in fourth semester at the time of application
- To have a general grade average of 85
- Recommendation letter from the Program Coordinator
- One-page essay explaining why you want to participate
Students selected by CETYS University will make a commitment to:
- Study one semester at the designated university
- Be officially enrolled at CETYS during the semester of the exchange
- Have or be able to obtain the necessary resources for travel and everyday expenses
All interested students must visit the International Programs Office to clear any doubts, since they will not be able to contact host universities until they are designated.
Download open call (*Information in Spanish)