| CETYS University, a multi-campus private non-profit university system located in three major cities along the Baja Californian border with California, was founded in 1961 by a group of Mexican businessmen and entrepreneurs.
- Regional leadership in Business and Engineering, establishing first majors in those fields in Northwest Mexico in 1962.
- Has been leader and firm supporter of financial aid programs for academically able students, establishing a students loan system that has provided support to more than 7,000 students as well as granting scholarships to 7,500 students.
- Plays a leadership role in computer technology in Northwest Mexico, offering the first majors in this field in the region.
- Through its linkage program with the productive sector, has set up training programs, solved specific problems, and conducted research.
- Has an alliance with more than 40 universities in the United States and Europe.
- Has captured the interest and involvement of more than 100 leaders in the Baja region, who are active members of the CETYS University Board of Trustees (IENAC).
- The American Association of University Administrators (AAUA) gave the Exemplary International Partnership Award to CETYS University.
- Launched the MEXUS Program, along with San Diego State University and other border universities, as the fist bi-national, dual diploma program in International Business.
- Recognized by the Mexican Ministry of Education in 1988 as 1 of only 6 centers of excellence among Mexican private universities.
- *taken from
the document "A summary of Institutional Milestones"
Board of Trustees